Owner & President
Handler Marketing, Inc.
Selected Professional Experience
- Owner & Executive Producer of Entertainment Central Pittsburgh, one of Pittsburgh’s top entertainment sites. The site went live in 2012.
- Since 1993, Founder, Owner & President of Handler Marketing, Inc., an award winning, well respected advertising, marketing and media firm.
- Owner & Executive Producer of “Pittsburgh’s Happening!”, a popular television program which aired on stations Fox-53 and TV-22.
- Television Account Executive, WTMV TV-32, Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Florida
- Television Account Executive, WPTT TV-22, Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
- Account Executive and Writer, In Pittsburgh News and Entertainment Weekly
- Founding Editor, the Shadyside Chamber of Commerce Newsletter.
- Owned Nirvana Deli & Cafe.
- General Manager of Humphrey’s, a very popular, upscale fern-and-brass night spot in Pittsburgh’s prestigious Shadyside community that his family owned.
- General Manager of the Gazebo Restaurant: operated the family’s nationally known restaurant, bakery, deli located in Shadyside.
Masters of Business Administration (M.B.A.) in Marketing, Minor in Economics, Katz Graduate School of Business, University of Pittsburgh
- Vice President of Marketing for Katz Graduate School of Business’ American Marketing Association (AMA) chapter.
- Founding Editor, The Communi-K, newsletter for the Katz AMA chapter.
Bachelor of Science (B.S.) in Marketing, Minor in Economics, Indiana University of Pennsylvania (IUP)
- Founding member & officer of Alpha Tau Omega (ATO) national fraternity’s IUP chapter.
- Vice President of Marketing for IUP’s American Marketing Association chapter.
- IUP Rugby Team
- IUP Big Indians Football Team (NCAA Division II)
Awards & Honors for Rick Handler and Handler Marketing
- Matrix Award for brand identity package for “Pittsburgh’s Happening!” television program.
- Outstanding Marketing Achievement Award to Rick Handler from the American Marketing Association, for his student achievements at the University of Pittsburgh’s Joseph M. Katz Graduate School of Business.
- Proclamation of Thanks: Handler Marketing was honored with a proclamation by Pittsburgh City Council for pro bono marketing work done for the Be A Sport charity.
- Certificate of Thanks awarded to Rick Handler from the Katz Graduate School of Business’ chapter of the AMA for serving as the chapter’s advisor.
- Dale Carnegie Sales Presentation Award: Rick Handler won this award for a presentation at the Dale Carnegie Sales Training Center.
- Certificate of Thanks awarded to Handler Marketing for ongoing pro bono marketing services, from the Southwest Pennsylvania chapter of the National Alliance for the Mentally Ill (NAMI).